NOTE: this project has been superseded by - and rolled into - the SCSFContrib project.
Crossbow [^] and leverage the existing Winforms layer in CAB, but why should I complicate my implementation when CAB is designed to be view technology-agnostic?
I will update this post as the feature list below changes. Hopefully I don't get in trouble for including MS code in my download . . .
You can download the code here. If you'd like to use CAB with an XBAP application, check out Martijn's post here [^].
SCREENSHOTS OF BANKTELLER SAMPLE
V1.0 (9th of December, 2006)
- Moved hosting to CodePlex here
V0.7 (8th of November, 2006)
- Changed ZoneWorkspace to work with ContentControls only, since that makes more sense and makes the implementation easier
- Got rid of all the CVS control files in the download
- Applied for a CodePlex project in which to host this project
V0.6 (4th of November, 2006)
- Added XmlnsDefinitionAttributes for better XAML integration
- Fixed bug in ZoneWorkspace
- Other trivial improvements
V0.5 (21st of October, 2006)
- Added visualizer support and a sample visualizer (a work item visualizer). The sample project starts up with the visualizer on by default.
- Cleaned up the FrameworkElementSmartPartStrategy code to use LogicalTreeHelper.
- Enhanced the zone workspace.
- Added an API summary to most classes.
V0.4 (14th of October, 2006)
- Fixed ApplicationShellApplication, which allows you to start a CAB application up with a WPF Application instance as a shell.
- Modified the example project to use the ApplicationShellApplication instead of WindowShellApplication. In reality, you'd probably use the latter for such a project. However, ApplicationShellApplication is harder to use so I thought I'd demo that.
- Added the ability to set the owner of a window in the WindowSmartPartInfo.
V0.3 (7th of October, 2006)
- Fixed activation service (works against FrameworkElements now instead of UIElements)
- Bug fixes and enhancements to builder strategies
- Bug fixes and enhancements to UI adapters
- Bug fixes and enhancements to workspaces
- Added SmartPartPlaceholder control
- Added WPF version of the BankTeller sample (screenshots above)
V0.2 (5th of October, 2006)
- Improved command support
- Improved window smart part info (allows wider choice of how to display windows when using the window workspace)
- Fixed some bugs
- Minimised the extra crap in the download
V0.1 (4th of October, 2006)
- Window workspace (show smart parts in separate windows)
- Tab workspace (show smart parts in a tab control)
- Deck workspace (show smart parts on a “deck” – one smart part visible at a time)
- Zone workspace (show smart parts in a particular zone)
- Command support for menus (WPF menu items can be associated with CAB commands)
- Window shell application (start a CAB WPF application by giving the main window)
- Application shell application (start a CAB WPF application by giving the WPF application type) – I don’t think this actually works
Keywords: WPF, CAB, Windows Presentation Foundation, Composite Application Block, Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows